Robotics

Robotics
(not Westside Robot)

Monday, May 3, 2010

5-3-010 2/2

I am back at my hotel and have sore feet... Like I said in the morning, we did go around and have fun. Unfortunately, I was not able to go to Snake Alley, nor the puppet museum or bug museum. Instead, the first thing we did was riding the taiwanese subways. Our coach bought us day passes, so we can go around riding subways. We saw the National Palace Museum. You can see ancient pottery, statues, and art. The most famous thing there was a jade stone (green and white), which was carved into a cabbage with 2 insects on it. We then ate lunch at a local restaurant near the Longshan Temple. The Westside team had wonton soup, noodles with vegetables and minced pork, and rice with minced pork. After that, we went to get drinks. I FOUND GREEN TEA SPRITE!!!!! It tasted SO GOOD! However, while I was drinking this awesome Sprite, I stepped on some dog's droppings... After lunch, we visited the Longshan Temple and prayed. Plus, I bought a NEW green Buddha!!!! Then, we went to shoe street, where there are shoe stores everywhere! I bought these awesome green shoes!!! Our team took a picture inside a huge model of a red high-heel. Finally, we went to the one and only 6 story-high electronic store!!!!!! Luke, my team member, told me that people around the world fly to Taiwan, just to get a good price at this store. I mean, there was an 8 GB MP5 for 1500 Taiwanese dollars (about 45 US dollars). I bought an emergency Ipod charger. It's very light weight, and only need 2 AA batteries. Then, we came back to our hotel and ate dinner. My mom wanted to take me to the night market, so only my family went to the night market. There were the old ladies, selling bento boxes. (To answer your question Ara) In fact, there was a bento box for pig-blood pudding!! How yummy does that sound? In the end, my mom got these hair pins, my dad had a foot massage, and I got two Beyblades. Unfortunately, they were 100% fake...

1 comment:

  1. How are beyblades fake? Anyway, are you going to try snake soup? and it sounds a lot like you had fun. so. anyway. An emergency IPOD charger?!? SUWEEEEEEET!!! oh and. PLeasE!! If you find any green tea sprite in the airport bring one back for me please. (just kidding unless you want to)

    When does the robotics start?

    ReplyDelete